Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully – Dzo Journey accepts booking subject to the following conditions. We are Dzo Journey (travel company registered under Sikkim Travel Express) and we look forward to the opportunity to act as your booking agent for your travel needs. These terms and conditions (the "Agreement") describe what you are legally entitled to expect from us when you purchase travel related services through us, in addition to your obligations as a customer. The terms "we", "us" and "our" refer to Dzo Journey. The term "you" refers to the customer visiting our website, booking a reservation through us or otherwise using our services.
1.0 Booking & payment
1.1 To book a place on an excursion or trekking trips, you need to deposit 50% from the total amount into our bank account. Once your booking is accepted you will be sent a Confirmation Invoice. Payment of any balance due must reach to us no later than two weeks before the advertised departure date, whether or not you receive that invoice.
1.2 The contract between you and Dzo Journey will exist from the date on the Confirmation Invoice.
1.3 If the balance or full payment due is not received by Dzo Journey by the date specified in the Confirmation Invoice, and unless a delay in your payment has been agreed by us in writing, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and to retain your deposit. We also reserve the right to pursue you for the unpaid balance due.
1.4 Prices are per person and are based on two persons sharing a twin room. Solo travelers are accepted on the basis that they agree to share all accommodation with another traveler of the same sex or another. On some tours solo travelers may request sole-occupancy accommodation at the time of booking.
1.5 All tour prices are subject to change due to changes in domestic flights and hotels, as well as currency fluctuations.
2.0 Alterations by You
Once we have agreed on a tour and itinerary with you and issued a confirmation, should you wish to change your arrangements, we reserve the right to impose an amendment fee (depends on the situation) per booking.
3.0 Alteration By Us
From time to time, it may be necessary or advisable to alter the arrangements for your holiday. We reserve the right to make such alterations to any of the arrangements as we consider necessary or advisable. Where such alterations are material, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the choice of accepting the revised arrangements or a full and prompt refund of all the money paid without interest payment. No compensation will be paid at anytime under circumstances caused by civil strife, industrial dispute, strikes, accident, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, airline failure, closure of airports, adverse weather conditions, or any other force majeure. A published itinerary constitutes only an indication of what the tour is planned to accomplish and is not to constitute a contractual obligation on part of the Company.
4.0 Cancellation By You
Should you wish to cancel your holiday, you must notify us as soon as possible. Please state the reason for cancellation as you may be covered by your insurance policy. If written notification of cancellation is received later than 3 weeks before departure, the cost of any flight(s) will be forfeited, which are always non-refundable and non-changable.
5.0 Cancellation for any other reason
Should you cancel for any other reason, the following charges will apply:
- later than 60 days before departure: full refund except flight(s)
- 30 to 59 days before departure: 30% of total price
- 15 to 29 days before departure: 60% of total price
- less than 15 days before departure: 100% of total price
6.0 Cancellation By Us
a) We will not cancel a trip unless:
- We are obliged to do so by 'force majeure' such as government intervention, political or civil unrest, flight cancellations or an act of God and other unforeseeable circumstances.
- The number of fully paid-up bookings needed to operate the trip has not been reached.
b) If we cancel your trip for one of these reasons, you will be given the opportunity either to:
- Receive a refund of the basic cost of the trip paid to Dzo Journey.
- Transfer to another trip without charge. If there is a difference in price between the cancelled trip and the trip to which you elect to transfer your booking, we will refund the difference if it is cheaper or invoice you for the supplement if it is more expensive. Any supplement due from you must reach us. No compensation will be paid unless the reason for the cancellation is due to lack of bookings in which case compensation of €25 per properly booked person will be paid for any cancellation on these grounds which takes place less than eight weeks before the advertised departure date for the trip.
- If we cancel your trip, we will not be liable for any expenses which you may have incurred as a result of your booking or in expectation of the trip taking place such as costs relating to visas, vaccinations, connecting air flights and any other expenses.
7.0 Passports, Visas and Health Matters
Medical vaccinations, passports and Visas are entirely your responsibility and must be arranged prior to departure. We can take no responsibility for cancellation of your trip in the event that you are not allowed to fly, or continue your tour. If you are unable to travel due to not being able to obtain (or not having) the appropriate Visa, we reserve the right to retain the cost of the trip. For some of our trips we may ask for a scanned copy of your travel documents.
8.0 Special requests
If you have any special requests, you should inform Dzo Journey before booking or as early as possible before departure. We will try, at our own discretion, to meet these requests but cannot guarantee to do so and cannot be held liable for our failure to do so.
9.0 Special understanding
In booking with Dzo Journey, you accept that:
- Some trips take place in countries where we have little control over the quality of internal travel and accommodation arrangements, which may vary in quality and the degree of comfort provided and may also differ from their description given by us in good faith in our brochures, leaflets and website.
- The itineraries given for each trip must therefore be seen as an indication of what you will achieve and not as a contractual obligation on our part. No refunds will be given if changes for such reasons occur.
- Our leaders, guides and representatives have the responsibility and authority to make decisions affecting the well-being and safety of the whole group and of each individual within the group; and that as a result they may require an individual to leave the group without any liability on our part for consequential supplementary expenses and without making any refund. The grounds for such a decision being made may include, but not be confined to, a belief by the leader or guide that
- an individual's health or life is at riskan
- illegal act has been committed
- someone’s behavior has or is likely to be seriously detrimental to the enjoyment of the trip by the group or detrimental to its well being or safety.
10.0 It is understood that if you decide voluntarily to leave the expedition and Dzo Journey has no responsibility for your safety or well being or for any consequential expenses.
11.0 General information
We give advice and information on matters such as health, vaccinations, visas, currency, local conditions, climate, equipment, clothing and other matters in good faith and cannot be held responsible for such advice and information. You accept responsibility for all these matters and particularly for obtaining the necessary visas and advice from your own doctor on all health matters.
12.0 Protection Policy
We are licensed by the Government of India. This ensures that in the event of our failure your value will be protected.